Τρίτη 18 Μαρτίου 2014

Malaysian jet probe looks at suicide as possible motive

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - The co-pilot of a missing Malaysian jetliner spoke the last words heard from the cockpit, the airline's chief executive said, as investigators consider suicide by the captain or first officer as one possible explanation for the disappearance.

No trace of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been found since it vanished on March 8 with 239 people aboard. Investigators are increasingly convinced it was diverted perhaps thousands of miles off course by someone with deep knowledge of the Boeing 777-200ER and commercial navigation.

A search of unprecedented scale involving 26 countries is under way, covering an area stretching from the shores of the Caspian Sea in the north to deep in the southern Indian Ocean.

Airline chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya also told a news conference on Monday that it was unclear exactly when one of the plane's automatic tracking systems had been disabled, appearing to contradict comments by government ministers at the weekend.

Suspicions of hijacking or sabotage had hardened further when officials said on Sunday that the last radio message from the plane - an informal "all right, good night" - was spoken after the tracking system, known as "ACARS", was shut down.
http://reuters.us.feedsportal.com/c/35217/f/654200/s/384ba8b8/sc/11/l/0L0Sreuters0N0Carticle0C20A140C0A30C180Cus0Emalaysiaairlines0Eflight0EidUSBREA270A1720A140A3180DfeedType0FRSS0GfeedName0FtopNews/story01.htm

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου